14 October 2011

A make up bag and plans for a pincushion .............

I'm sharing my little make up bag with you this morning - made in the same fabric as the needle case, and trimmed with 7mm satin ribbon and a flower shaped sparkly acrylic button, both from the Ribbon Girl.  The outside is a fat quarter from here and the wadding and pink and white striped lining are both from John Lewis. The patterns for both items are from the Tilda 'So Pretty Homestyle' book

I found the bag straightforward to make, except for the zip which caused me no end of problems - I think next time I try this I will make a rectangular shaped bag which I think will be much easier!

Well it's almost the weekend and I have plans to help plant up some new pots for the front of the house with pansies, primroses and spring bulbs, also for more sewing and card making - I ordered some new LOTV stamps and they popped through the letterbox yesterday and I have been looking around for some wooden rings which I need to make some pin cushions - suddenly realised I could use wooden curtain rings if I unscrewed the little hook!!  So many plans, so little time ............ see you tomorrow (oh and please pop over to the Ribbon Girl blog on Sunday when our new colour challenge begins!

Mary G x

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Such a gorgeous make up bag Mary...looks absolutely fab!

xx

Tracey said...

Wow I love your bag. I have just discovered your blog and everytime I have a cuppa, i am having a good read through. It amazes me where you find your time and energy from. Thank you for all your inspiration Tracey x