14 December 2011

Vintage look sparkly mini card and box set ........................


During our Mother/Daughter crafting time at the weekend, I followed Andrea's lead and tried my hand at making tiny 4 inch cards and I thoroughly enjoyed making this little vintage pink and sparkly set. 
This card and matching box took longer to make than the 14.5cm card I usually make, but I think it was well worth the extra effort.
I achieved the vintage look by distressing everything with  straw/brown distressing inks.  The background paper (a digi download) is machine stitched onto kraft card and the little tag is cut from a scrap of kraft using a Papertrey die then stamped with a Papertrey sentiment.


I cut up a Zva clear crystal swirl and added a couple of pieces to the card.  I used mauve scallop cotton lace, posie seam binding and pale pink mini ric rac, then added 25mm and 13mm pink/white mulberry roses with white rosebuds and rose leaves (all distressed) with green leaves cut with my Martha Stewart punch (which seized up at the weekend, I hope I haven't worn it out !!)



I spent ages making and decorating the matching box - as you can see the top of the box is just as pretty as the actual card (which has machine stitching) and even the sides of the lid and the inside of the box have been decorated  - I think it would make a lovely little keepsake box.
I will enter this set into the Cupcake Challenge which is to make something sparkly
and into the Pixie Dust Challenge (Sparkle and Bling)
See you soon, Mary G x

7 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Oh WOW !!!!! these are absolutely stunning Mary !!! gorgeousssssss !!!!

luv
Lols x x x

Sonia said...

Just beautiful Mary, a work of art.
Hugs Sonia xx

Milliesmarvels said...

These are beautiful! Simply stunning!
Jane
x

Mandy said...

Such a beautiful set Mary!

xx

Brodders said...

Mary how lovely :) Lots of sparkly lovliness :) Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake crafts and good luck x

Shelly said...

Gorgeous vintage creation for our all out sparkle challenge Mary!!! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and have a lovely Christmas! Shelly x

Cat said...

What a gorgeous project! I love the Vintage look! Thanks for joining the Pixies last week at Pixie Dust Studio! Happy Holidays!