15 January 2012

A pink and blue birthday card .....


I really enjoyed making this mini pink and blue birthday card for the new Ribbon Girl pink and blue colour challenge - please pop over to the Ribbon Girl blog to see the fabulous projects made by the very, very talented Design Team - you'll be blown away!  We'd love you to enter the challenge and there is a £10 LOTV voucher given by the very generous girls from Lili of the Valley, plus a collection of vintage style cluny and guipure lace, mulberry flowers, satin ribbon, tiny ric rac, pom pom trim, loopy trim, pale blue spot organza, sparkly buttons and rose petal seam binding - all available from the Ribbon Girl online store and more than enough to decorate a dozen or more cards!


 


The background papers and the image (cut from a sheet of paper) are from Pion and I machine stitched them to kraft card. I added cream cluny traditional fan pattern lace and dark rose-pink pure silk ribbon.The mulberry flowers are  25mm and 30mm pink/white roses, 20mm pink rosebuds, small pink rosebuds and a selection of punched Martha Stewart leaves and Magnolia doohickey branches.


To add an extra touch of luxury to this special vintage style card I added a Zva pearl flourish.  The sentiment was stamped in cocoa brown ink onto a tiny tag - both from Papertrey Ink.


I made the box to fit the card and added more of the delicious cluny lace right around the edges


The lid of the box was covered in more Pion paper, very fine cream vintage style cluny lace, tiny pink pom pom trim and more of the deep rose pink pure silk ribbon which was twisted then tied into a bow

Cluny lace, silk ribbon, Zva pearl flourish, mulberry flowers, fine cluny lace and pom pom trim are all from www.ribbongirl.co.uk

The challenge will remain open for two weeks - we'd love you to join in
See you soon, Mary G xx

11 comments:

Milliesmarvels said...

Beautiful! I love all your vintage projects Mary, they are stunning! I am trying to resist buying some of those papers but am ready to give in at any time now!
Jane
x

Lisa said...

Hi Mary, Wow this is stunning! The papers and topper are beautiful as are the pretty embellishments.

I love vintage cards but am not very good at making them myself so just have to admire the gorgeous work of my blogging friends :-)

Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

Lisa x

Vicky said...

Absolutely gorgeous. So much detail - it's lovely! :)xx

Dawny P said...

OMLife Mary, this is another stunner. It's just beautiful chick - your attention to detail is amazing xxx

cats whiskers said...

Oh Mary this is just so stunningly beautiful, my mouth is wide open here just staring at it
Huggles
Jacs xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous !! sooo gorgeous !! I love everything about this stunning set Mary !! WOW !! :-)

thanks for inviting me along this month :-) I really enbjoyed making my creations and have thoroughly enjoyed it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Mandy said...

Another fabulous design Mary. Absolutely stunning card and box.

xx

Brodders said...

Oh Mary this is perfection :) I really do love it :) Hope you have a fab week - love Jane x

Andrea said...

It's lovely! I love how you make MY stash look pretty :lol:
A xx

Marjorie said...

Oh my word Mary..your cards are just stunning..I know I say that every time, but I just love your style..it is so beautiful!!
My friend has asked me to make a card for her very special friend who is going to be turning 70yrs and you have given me some lovely ideas for her card..thank you for the inspiration hun:)
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Mau xx said...

This is just Gorgeous Mary, You make the prettiest of cards, and love your box too, you always put such beautiful detail into your creations xx