1 September 2013

Include numbers .....


It's my great-niece Nicole's second birthday in a couple of months (nothing like being up to date with your cards is there :0) so I have made her this pink card with a big Number 2 on it - the cheeky fairy splashing in the cupcake will make her Mam laugh I am sure!

I used an image from one of the oh so useful LOTV art pads, then added pale pink ruffle edge sheer with pink/pink saddlestitch on top, pink organza rose trim, some very sparkly twinkle tinsel above the rose trim, a Kort & Godt blue rolled rose, pink starburst stamen, ivory carnation, pale pink 10mm rose and white beaded stamens.  All paper edges were distressed with spun sugar ink

I hope you can join us at The Ribbon Girl Blog September Card Challenge to 'include numbers' and look forward to seeing all of your lovely creations - as usual we have a £10 voucher for The Ribbon Girl online store and a £10 voucher for the LOTV store!

see you soon, Mary x

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Hi Mary, this is so gorgeous, perfect for a little girly! Love all the trims and ribbons, those flowers are beautiful :) Do you mind me asking - is that big 2 a die or where did you get it? I frequently have to make cards for kiddies and I can't find a nice set of big numbers, and this is exactly what I'm looking for haha!

Tanya xx

Ribbon Girl said...

Hello Tanya - the numbe 2 was diecut from a Papertray Ink die from the number set -hope this helps, Mary x

Tanya said...

Thanks Mary, I must invest :) It's really effective! T xx