15 June 2014

Vintage style birthday card ....


Andrea and I had a lovely morning down on Teeside at the crop, it was lovely to see Jean, Gail, Julie, Olivia and all the crafty girls again and have a bit of a chat and a bit of crafting - not to mention the naughty sausage roll and the even naughtier belgian bun we got at Greggs on the way!!   bang went the diet!!

I love to see what everyone does, all the girls were doing a different project, some sewing, some card making, or colouring or making scrapbooks or wall hangings!  I spent the morning trying to make different kinds of rolled paper flowers, I watched Fleur Pearson making them when I went down to the LOTV 10th birthday party and she made it look so easy - practice makes perfect!! so I'll keep trying

I got some Maja papers from Andrea at Christmas time and have just started using them -  they are excellent quality and lovely patterns.  I've had this Pion image for ages, sitting in my 'keeping for best' tin - thought I'd better start using some of them up before they become antiques!  

The Ribbon Girl colour challenge for June is 'ivory/cream' and this is my DT card.   I must admit, I did a Dawny P and glued the front onto my card sideways  -  it had to be cut off and fixed to a new card base before the photograph was taken !!

I added ivory pearl rose ribbon, an ivory embroidered tulle butterfly, cream daisy, WOC ivory roses and white lily flowers, Melissa Francis pearl trinket pin, ivory teardrop pin, 4mm ivory pearl bead string, bridal white satin, 'Waterlily' ivory polyester lace, 9mm ivory pearl trim, 9mm eggshell ivory velvet ribbon all from The Ribbon Girl



close up of one of the new embroidered ivory tulle butterflies - very pretty!


I made a couple of loops with short pieces of ivory bead trim, taped the ends then glued them behind the flowers.

I hope you can join us for this colour challenge, fab prizes as usual from our friends at Lili of the Valley and The Ribbon Girl and the most wonderful projects by our super talented design team and guest designers

see you soon, Mary xx



1 comment:

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

A stunning card, so many pretty details and I love how you've positioned the pearl bead string - gorgeous!
Rebecca.