6 September 2015

A vintage Christmas card ....


The challenge over on the Ribbon Girl Blog this week is to make a card and add flowers.   I love making vintage style cards, and for this one I used lovely new Christmas in Norway papers from Pion, a Pion image, plus some of my older Christmas Pion papers from my stash - I like to look at it, but hate cutting into a new 12 x 12 page!!


.  I inked the edges and added Stardust Stickles to make the snow sparkle.  Also, you can see a close up view of the Pion image I've had in my stash for ages.  I added 'Emma' ivory guipure lace and some of the new 12mm olive green faux silk ribbon, so soft and ties lovely bows - very well behaved!  


I added a 30mm brown wild rose which was further 'distressed with ink, some mocha beaded stamens liberally covered in Stardust Stickles, tiny red berries, 20mm cream open roses and a medium terracotta/rust rosebud and some 3 - 6mm ivory s/a pearls.  I managed to stick them all on using the glue gun without melting my skin once! that makes a nice change I can tell you

I hope you will find time to join in with the challenge - we're looking forward to seeing your lovely cards!

see you soon, Mary x


2 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful card Mary. I love vintage and your card really does it for me. Hugs Rita xxxx

Carole J said...

WOW this is stunning! x