31 January 2016

Love is in the air .............



There is a little mini challenge over at The Ribbon Girl because January is a 5-week month so the February card challenge doesn't begin until next Sunday.  We decided to have a theme of 'love' and look forward to seeing your cards, bags, tags and projects of all types following the theme of love - they can be for a wedding, Valentines Day, anniversaries, love someone, sending love, with love from, love on Mothers Day ...... there are loads of things you can choose.

and best of all, as well as the super prize there is a Guest DT spot up for grabs!! 


I made a very lacey Victorian style valentine card using paper from the Pion 'to my valentine' collection. 
I added some Deborah ivory vintage style lace, then added it right around the edge of the card, I used red 12mm wide faux silk ribbon, ivory lace leaves and an ivory lace heart applique.



My flowers include burgundy 20mm open roses, white/white beaded berries,  tiny gyp flowers, green rose leaves, ivory wild rose with edges distressed  with ink

Ribbon, lace, lace appliques, flowers, leaves are all from

I hope you will join in with the challenge, I'm looking forward to seeing all your lovely creations 

Mary x

No comments: