27 February 2016

Home is where my heart is .......

Crafters - don't forget the Ribbon Girl 'Use any image' challenge is open until Saturday 5th March - you can submit any type of project, as long as there is an image on it!! 

-o0o-


I needed something to hang on a narrow plain green wall in my hall and came up with this heart hanging.  I covered a plain wooden heart with some gorgeous Pion Design  Paper 'Linnaeus Botanical Journal - Leucanthemum Vulgare -  then distressed the edges and inked with Gathered Twigs brown ink. 

 I especially wanted to include the lovely drawing of the daisy flowers so I cut the paper to fit the bottom of the heart then tore the rest to create extra interest


A close up of the paper and flowers - a 40mm white daisy, two white cosmos daisies, a white cherry blossom, and a white starburst stamen.  The sentiment was computer generated and I printed it in brown to match the distressing ink


For the butterfly I used a Memory Box die 'Vivienne Butterfly' the smallest in the set and after I had inked the edges I added 5mm ivory self adhesive pearls to the centre.

I added a bow of 8mm Antique White Rebecca Lace and Iced Lime seam binding ribbon 

I'm off to hang this on the wall now :-)

see you soon, Mary x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is absuloutely stunning Mary! Thanks for sharing xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Beautiful Mary xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Absolutely beautiful, I love making these, thanks for some inspiration