6 March 2016

if I had a flower .....


There is a new challenge over at The Ribbon Girl blog and we'd like to see all of your cards in'this 'anything goes' challenge but we expect there will be quite a few Spring and Easter cards among them.  It's Mothers Day here in the UK today but as my Mam passed away more than 30 years ago, also my Mother in Law I made this card as I often think of them and they both liked roses.  

I used some lovely Maja Vintage Autumn Papers and inked all the edges


Can you see the white tulle tucked around the flowers, it makes it look a little softer,


I made a small bow with 7mm  grape satin ribbon, and popped it on top of a bigger bow made with purple grape sheer ribbon, then added both ivory and lilac 30mm wild roses , lilac 20mm and 10mm open roses and some rose leaves with more white tulle inserted

I hope you can join in with the card challenge - there are 3 fabulous prizes for the three winners and they will all have their cards showcased when the announcement is made

see you soon,
Mary xx

1 comment:

Diane said...

Wow what gorgeous roses, details and card design Mary.

Hugs Diane