18 February 2017

Tag with handmade wild roses ...


I made this tag to go on my sisters birthday gift -  we had a birthday lunch at her favourite Italian today so now she's seen her gift it's safe to publish the tag here!  I used paper from the 6x6 Maja 'Enjoying Outdoors' paper pad matted onto plain pale pink card, both die cut with a Crealies die.

I stamped and diecut these roses from plain white card and shaped and coloured them with chalk inks then added paper stamens and amber coloured tiny seed beads.  I popped in a couple of pink/white hip rosebuds.   Many thanks to Janice at Sir Stampalot who sent the Heartfelt Creations die the same day I ordered it - I already had the co-ordinating stamp but no die to cut the flowers with.  I was so pleased when the die arrived :-) much faster than cutting each flower with a pair of scissors! 

The leaves were diecut from green card which I coloured with chalk inks.  

I added a bow made with 38mm pale pink silky crush ribbon, 10mm ivory daisy flat-back pearl trim adhered with 6mm double sided sticky tape, 17mm Donna ivory vintage style cotton lace.  I added some 3mm hot pink satin ribbon at the top of the tag and embellished the lace bow with a 15mm pearl and diamante flat-back embellishment.

Thanks for looking and see you soon
Mary x

No comments: