30 September 2017

A Christmas tree bauble ....


I poked a knitting needle through a polystyrene sphere and painted with 2 coats of white acrylic paint, when dry I stuck on die cut snowflakes, then painted the whole thing with glue then sprinkled with glitter.  I added 5mm clear s/a gems to centre of snowflakes and random sequins.  I'd like to say no harm was done to the knitting needles and my best acrylic brushes, but the No. 8 needles are covered in dried on acrylic paint and the brushes have set like rubber :-(

When the bauble was quite dry I threaded a doll needle with hemp twine and looped through white satin ribbon, and used that to pull through the hole made by the knitting needle.  I tied a knot in the bottom, the surplus ribbon was cut off and the knot poked up the hole.  I added a decorative pin to the bottom and hot glued everything in place.

I die cut foliage in greens and browns, and glued them around the ribbon loop, adding pine cones, peach cherry blossoms and orange frosted berries.

Here are more photos showing my little sister Jackie and I making our baubles - she chose a pink and lilac theme for her bauble








thanks for looking and see you soon, next time with a card!
Mary xx


1 comment:

Janette said...

So pretty Mary, looks gorgeous..x